Palazzo Farnese is one of the architectural symbols of the village of Latera. An ancient building located at the highest point of a rocky hill where the town stands. The building develops behind the large building complex of the parish church of San Clemente and is also known by the name of “Rocca” and is one of the most beautiful artistic expressions of the architect Jacopo il Bello da Vignola. Palazzo Farnese was built in 1408 by the will of Ranuccio da Farnese the Elder after Pope Gregory XII granted him the vicariate of Latera and that of Farnese, giving rise to an independent duchy with respect to the neighboring one of Castro. The structure today looks like a noble residence, the current appearance is due to the changes undergone by the building between the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. This palace is the symbol of the strong bond of the village with the papal Farnese family who wisely administered it for years. A princely and elegant place with a typically Renaissance style, as can be seen from its imposing facade overlooking Piazza della Rocca, an unmissable place for those visiting Latera.